Do you know a woman in Peterborough–Kawartha who is making a difference in our community? Someone who is a role model to others and deserves recognition for her accomplishments? Nominate them today for the new Women of Peterborough–Kawartha Community Award!
This award recognizes outstanding service to the community. Within this overarching criterion, nominees may demonstrate leadership in any one or more of the following:
• Environmental Stewardship
• Community leadership
• Community Service
• Work toward combatting poverty
• Work toward ending discrimination
• Work toward gender equality
• Work toward Indigenous Reconciliation
• Work toward rural community sustainability
• Nominees must reside, work or study within the boundaries of the electoral district of Peterborough–Kawartha.
• There are no age restrictions.
• Each award is for one person – no group or paired awards are available.
Nominations should be submitted to the Constituency Office of MP Maryam Monsef. Submissions should be no more than 300 words, and should describe why the individual is being nominated for this award. Please include your name and contact information, as well as the full name and contact information for the individual you are nominating. Deadline for nominations is Sunday May 13, 2018. Submissions can be made by email to Maryam.Monsef@parl.gc.ca or by mail to “Office of MP Maryam Monsef, 417 Bethune Street, Suite 4, Peterborough, ON, K9H 3Z1”. No postage required.
Individuals will be selected by MP Maryam Monsef from the nominations that are submitted. Notification will take place in September. The Award Ceremony will be held in October 2018 as part of National Women’s History Month.